Chandlers Ford forms part of the Borough of Eastleigh in the Scout County of Hampshire.
Chandlers Ford Scout District came into being on the 1st of March 1984 it having been previously part of Eastleigh District.
The Chandlers Ford District Badge has been designed to incorporate some of the environment and Scouting history of the area.
The six Scout insignia at the base of the badge represent the six founding Scout Groups of the new district.
The stags head represents the rural area of Chandlers Ford, in particular, Cranbury Park, where the District has its own Camp Site, on the Estate of The Chamberlayne-MacDonalds.
The Brickwall represents the brickyards of Chandlers ford. These were the major employer in the nineteenth century, in 1870 these brickyards supplied the bricks for construction of the new Law Courts of London.
The Cherries represent the Ramalley area which was famous in history for its cherry orchards and annual cherry fair.
The Blue stripe represents the river, known as Monks Brook that passes through the area. There was once a mill near the Ford over the river on the main road north from Southampton.
The Gold Arrow relates to the first District Commissioner's, Diana Jacobs, involvement with Cub Scouts in Chandlers Ford prior to her appointment as DC.
The figures 1 9 8 4 are indicative of the year the District was formed.